Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Looking at Gatsby from another side: The George Wilson story.

"Beat me, Beat me!" she continued to cry out. "Throw me down and beat me you little coward!" She waled and flopped her hands in a flashy attitude as she walked out, and before I could do anything--everything, was done.
A blur, a flash, within the speed of light, a sudden moment changed my whole life. One car,one driver, one accelerator, one brake... one brake, that wasn't used.

As the frenetic crowd drew toward my garage in a somewhat state of disarray, I began to get worried, and mad, and sad, so many mixed emotions. I hadn't even noticed my self pacing and swinging my hands, and sweating, and worrying, is the room spinning? Oh my  god I just can't stand by myself. Then suddenly i felt a tight grip around my arms and a figure screaming at me, some jibber jabber, nothing important I'm guessing. Then I lost myself, and suddenly came to the realization of what was happening. Tom was shaking me "Listen! I just got here a minute ago from New York. I was bringing you the coupe we've been talking about. That yellow car i was driving this afternoon wasn't mine do you hear? I haven't seen it all afternoon."

No comments:

Post a Comment